lunes, 15 de enero de 2007

Yeats' Country

William Butler Yeats


The Lake Isle Of Innisfree



I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,

And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made

Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee

And live alone in the bee-loud glade.


And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow

Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;

There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,

And evening full of the linnet's wings.


I will arise and go now, for always night and day

I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,

I hear it in the deep heart's core.


La isla del lago de Innisfree

Me levantaré y me pondré en marcha, y a Innisfree iré,

y una choza haré allí, de arcilla y espinos:

nueve surcos de habas tendré allí, un panal para la miel, y viviré solo en el arrullo de los zumbidos.


Y tendré algo de paz allí, porque la paz viene goteando con calma

goteando desde los velos de la mañana hasta allí donde canta el grillo;

allí la medianoche es una luz tenue, y el mediodía un brillo escarlata

y el atardecer pleno de alas de pardillo.


Me levantaré y me pondré en marcha, noche y día,

oigo el agua del lago chapotear levemente contra la orilla;

mientras permanezco quieto en la carretera o en el asfalto gris

la oigo en lo más profundo del corazón.


Versión de Luis Zalamea

No hay comentarios: